Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Monday, August 7, 2017

The Start of Something New

The Start of Something New




Lvl. 100 Crafts is my newest adventure in life.  I have started a store on Etsy where I can sell the creative and crafty things I make.  This post is an introduction to my new blog and my new store.  I intend to let all of you have a peek into my eclectic, nerdy heart, and I hope to get a peek at what you all enjoy as well.


I come from a long line of crafters (at least four generations back, possibly more) and grew up surrounded by crafts that my mom was constantly working on.  I learned early how to make and paint ceramics, and that it’s very important not to turn on a fan while laying out pieces for a quilt (they will fly everywhere).  I also grew up in the kitchen helping to cook meals and bake delightful desserts.  After getting married and moving out, I taught myself to knit and have loved it ever since. This blog will try to incorporate a little bit of everything I’ve learned (including baking); hopefully, I will learn a lot more along the way.


This store begins, in a way, with Harry Potter.  I had decided one year to make my friends House Scarves from the books.  They were delighted by the scarves, and suggested that I should sell them.  I didn’t think much of it until a few months later I was talking with one of these friends who wanted to sell some of her stuff on Etsy.  We discussed many ideas, but with school for her it was very difficult to get it going together.  This discussion and planning did get me excited at the prospect of making new things and possibly sharing those creations with others.  Thus, Lvl. 100 Crafts was born.

Yes, this store has begun with Harry Potter and knitting, but it will not end there.  I have so many fandoms to explore and so many creative venues with which to work.  I’m planning to share crafting ideas and stories as well as some tutorials.  I will also periodically be featuring items available for purchase at my Etsy store.  I would love to hear suggestions for what you would like to see me make.  If you have any crafting tips for me, feel free to share them.  I’m always happy to learn a new way to do something, especially if it makes something easier.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Christina ~

    I look forward to following your blog. I have been blogging since 2005. The biggest thing I have learned is not to listen to your inner critic ... or any critics, for that matter.

    Have fun with it !

    ~ Dorothy
    www.adventure-hounds.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dorothy. I'll try to remember your advice. I have a feeling it will sometimes be hard, though.

      Delete