Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Friday, November 17, 2017

Apple Pie Recipe

Apple Pie



My favorite pie is apple pie, and my dad and I make this every year for Thanksgiving and Christmas.  We used to make the pie crusts from scratch (and by we I mean my dad would make the crust and I would help lattice and eat the extras).  I cheat and use store bought crusts because for some reason I haven’t mastered pie crusts yet (one of these days I will).  This is the recipe I like best.  It uses brown sugar instead of granulated sugar, and I love the flavor of it.  I hope you enjoy as well.


Yields: 1 9” apple pie


Ingredients:



  • 2 pie crusts
  • 6-7 cups of apples, sliced
  • ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 Tbsp cinnamon, ground
  • 1 Tbsp butter
  • 1 tsp lemon juice


Directions:


  • Preheat oven to 425 F
  • Lay one pie crust in a 9” pie pan.  Poke holes with a fork to prevent air bubbles.
  • In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon.  Mix well.

  • Pour apple mixture into pie pan.  Dot with butter.
  • Top with second pie crust (I lattice mine)

  • (Optional) Brush top crust with an egg wash (egg white mixed with 1 Tbsp of water)
  • Shield pie with aluminum foil
  • Bake for 50-60 minutes, until apples are cooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment