Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Monday, November 13, 2017

Fall Scarf

Fall Zigzag Scarf



I made this scarf several years ago, and I still love the look of it.  I made this with an ombre yarn in fall colors, but you can use whatever yarn you like.  I went back and tried to find the original pattern, which was online, but it is no longer available.  I do remember the pattern pretty well and will try to recreate it here for you.  I hope you all enjoy this pattern.  Let me know if you decide to make this for yourself.


Materials:



Yarn (I used less than one skein of I Love This Yarn in an autumn ombre color)
Size 10 knitting needles (gauge isn’t really important, and I purposely chose larger than necessary needles for loose stitches
Yarn needle for weaving in yarn ends


Directions:


  • Cast on 40 stitches
  • Row 1-5 knit across
  • Begin zigzag pattern
    • Row 1:  Kfb, knit across to last stitch, K2tog
    • Row 2: Knit across
    • Repeat Rows 1 and 2 for a total of 13 rows ending with row 1 of the pattern
  • Repeat zigzag pattern until you reach desired length. (I made mine 6 feet long)
    • Note: you will be working Row 1 of the pattern back to back; this is what switches the zigzag direction
  • Knit 5 rows
  • Bind off loosely
  • Weave in yarn ends

No comments:

Post a Comment