Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Deck the Halls

Christmas Decorating

As I talked about in my last post, I love Christmas.  Last week, I spent 3 days helping my mother decorate her home for Christmas.  This week, I’ve been doing the same for my place (it has taken considerably less time, though).  I truly enjoy the decorating process (much to the bewilderment of my friends), and I add just a little bit every year, if I can.

My tree is full of decorations that I have collected for as long as I can remember.  I love decorating my tree because as I pull out the ornaments, I am able to reminisce about where I got the ornament.  My ornaments are a combination of gifts, mementos from trips, and ornaments I have made.  It’s a very eclectic tree, but it makes me smile whenever I look at it.

One of my favorite holiday decorations is gingerbread and gingerbread-related items.  My love for gingerbread started about the time I began doing my annual gingerbread baking (recipe to come later).  It has become a popular theme for many of the gifts from my family.  So popular, that I now have a small village and enough to deck out my bathroom with gingerbread.

Several years ago, my mother decided that she needed to wrap her pictures to look like presents, and I followed suit starting last year.  I also added ribbon to my kitchen cabinets.

It’s such a comforting and wonderful place for me, as I sit in my home surrounded by Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment