Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Monday, November 27, 2017

Christmastime is Here

Christmas


It’s finally the Christmas season, and that makes me so happy.  This is my favorite time of year.  The traditions, the decorations, the joy, the anticipation, and (of course) the treats all combine to make this season the happiest for me.  I don’t care about the gifts that I receive as much as I care about the gifts I give.  This is a time of year that I get to do something for others.  I give gifts to my friends and family that make them smile and bring them joy.  I take treats to the library staff, and their eye light up to see the gingerbread and fudge that I’ve made for them.  There are Christmas parties with silly games and lots of laughter and joy.  I want these feelings to be present all year round.
I know a lot of people feel stressed over the holidays with all the cooking, shopping, and expectations.  I think we should all take a step back and remember the joy we felt as a child on Christmas.  Yes, there are a lot of expectation, but how much of that do we put on ourselves?  What if we all decided to do the things that bring us and others the most joy?  Does that mean changing up how you decorate?  Does it mean more baking? Less baking? Doing more events and fewer gifts?  Maybe your Christmas dinner is different?  That’s okay.  Christmas shouldn’t be a stressful time of year.  Consider looking at what part of the Christmas season may stress you and finding a way to change it so that it brings you joy.  Maybe you don’t want to make 20 pies for Christmas.  That’s okay.  Pick your favorite and make that one.  It’s okay to step back from all the expectations out there and find a way to enjoy the Christmas season.
Personally, I enjoy decorating my house so that it looks like the set of a Hallmark Christmas movie (I get this from my mom).  I love to bake Christmas cookies and take them to people so they can enjoy them.  I buy gifts for all of my family and friends.  I love to wrap gifts and partake in my family’s traditions.  I listen to Christmas music and watch Christmas movies.  These are the things that make me happy at Christmas.  This year, I will be doing more Christmas crafts than ever before, and I will be sharing them here for you.  I will also be sharing my Christmas cookie recipes with you and some of my favorite traditions.

I truly hope that you can find joy this Christmas season, just as I do with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment