Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Fall is Coming

Gearing up for Fall

Since Labor Day is the unofficial end to summer, I guess that makes this the unofficial start of fall (I know it actually starts at the equinox, but I’m excited).  Fall is one of my favorite seasons.  The weather starts to cool off.  Leaves start to change color.  It’s the season for local fairs, corn mazes, and Renaissance Faires.  

During the fall, my schedule is always full of fun things to do, but I think my favorite parts are the sights and smells that come with the season.  The spicy scents and the pumpkins and gourds that are popping up everywhere always make me smile.  Of course, the recipes are scrumptious.  This week, I will be visiting my parents and their goat farm.  We will be making and testing all sorts of fall recipes, which I will be sharing here.

Whenever a new season comes around, I decorate my house to get in the spirit of things.  One very important part of my decorations is the wreath for my front porch.  My fall wreath is extremely simple to make.  The wreath frame is a grapevine wreath.  I found picks and sprigs to place in.  These work really well with a grapevine wreath because you can twist the stem around the grapevine.  I also make a bow out of wired ribbon (tutorial to come) and hot glue it to the wreath.  It always makes me smile when I walk past my wreath going into my home.





No comments:

Post a Comment