Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Friday, September 1, 2017

Seashells Display

Seashells, Seashells








I love the beach and things that remind me of the beach and tropical getaways.  Several years ago I had visited someone who is like a sister to me.  While visiting her and her family in Germany, we spent a week camping near a beach outside Venice.  There, I collected a fairly decent amount of seashells.  I have kept this collection without a very good way to display them, until recently.


I finally decided that I needed to display this very special collection of mine.  I had a shadow box that I wasn’t using anymore (originally it was used to display knick knacks from that same trip to Germany).  I decided to put it to good use to show off my shells.


I laid out my shells in the shadow box very loosely.  Once the shells were placed, I put the back on and slowly lifted it upright so the shells would settle, but not shift too dramatically.  I’m very pleased with the results, and now I smile every time I see my Italian seashells and think of the beach.


No comments:

Post a Comment