Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Monday, September 25, 2017

Personalized Clipboards

Personalized Clipboards




When fall comes around, I start pulling out all of my Halloween and fall items. Everything gets transitioned to the new season, and that includes my crafting.  I recently learned how to make these personalized clipboard  at a church event, and I absolutely love them.  I feel I need to share these with all of you.  For these, you can personalize them with whatever colors and and textures you enjoy.  


I have recently started making some for Halloween, which are available for sale in my Etsy store.  For those of you inclined to make these for yourself, here is an easy-to-follow guide.  Enjoy, and feel free to share your finished products with me.  I can’t wait to see them.


Materials:


  • Plain clipboard
  • Decorative paper - 2 types
  • Scissors
  • Mod Podge
  • Sponge brush
  • Ribbon





Directions:

  • Cut your primary paper to fit your clipboard.  The clipboard shown is a 6” X 9”, and I cut the paper to be 6” X 8 ½”.  You can cut it shorter if you like and round the corners for a closer fit.
  • Cut your secondary paper in a strip.  I cut mine to be 6” X 2”



  • Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge to back of the clipboard.



  • Position your primary paper ( the larger piece) on the clipboard over the Mod Podge.  Press down firmly pushing out air bubbles.



  • Apply a thin coat of Mod Podge over the paper where you would like to place your secondary piece of paper.
  • Position your secondary paper (the smaller piece) where you would like it, and press down firmly pushing out air bubbles.



  • Apply one last thin coat of Mod Podge over both papers covering them entirely.



  • Allow to dry.
  • Tie ribbons around the loop at the top.  When cutting your ribbon, but at a slant to decrease the chances of unraveling.


No comments:

Post a Comment