Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Friday, September 29, 2017

Caramel White Chocolate Chip Cookies

Caramel White Chocolate Chip Cookies




I came up with this recipe quite by accident.  I was actually trying to replicate another recipe: a caramel chocolate chip with nuts.  I went to make the recipe and realized I didn’t have nuts, and I only had white chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet chocolate chips.  So I decided to experiment, and it turned out great.  These are now my go-to cookies.


For this recipe, I melt my own caramel sauce, but you can use prepared caramel sauce if you like.  Below the cookie recipe, I will add in my recipe for my caramel sauce.


Ingredients:
1 cup butter-flavored shortening or butter, softened
¾ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup brown sugar, packed
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
¼ cup caramel sauce
2 cups white chocolate chips


Directions:


  • Preheat oven to 375 F
  • In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until well combined and creamy
  • Add in vanilla extract.  Mix well
  • Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each egg
  • In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients
  • Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients about a cup at a time, mixing well after each addition.
  • Add in the caramel sauce, mixing well.
  • Fold in the chocolate chips


  • Drop dough by the spoonful on ungreased cookie sheets


  • Bake in preheated oven for 9-11 minutes until golden brown.
  • Cool cookies on wire rack



Caramel Sauce



Ingredients:
1 cup caramel candies
4 Tbsp heavy cream (to desired consistency)
1/2 tsp salt (optional, for salted caramel sauce)




Directions:
  • Combine ingredients in a microwave safe bowl
  • Microwave on half power for 30 seconds at a time stirring well each time

No comments:

Post a Comment