Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Monday, October 2, 2017

Pikachu Halloween Costume

Pikachu Halloween Costume




Last year, my daughter wanted to be Pikachu for Halloween.  How could I say no?  Not being able to find any costumes in her size, I decided to make one for her.  We already had a headband with Pikachu ears that I had bought for her at a con, so I just had to worry about the body.  I had previously done a cosplay as Jessie from Team Rocket, so those 2 costumes seemed to go together well.  I don’t have pictures of the process, so this is going to be a post more along the lines of here’s what I did as opposed to my usual tutorial.


Materials I used:


White long-sleeved shirt and pants
Yellow Rit-dye
Brown fabric
Wonder under
Scissors
Iron
Brown puff paint


What I did:


  • Using the Rit-dye, I dyed the shirt and pants yellow.  I just followed the directions on the bottle.
  • I then drew the shape of Pikachu’s stripes onto the wonder under.
  • Using the wonder under as a template, I cut out the same shapes from the brown fabric.
  • I followed the directions on the wonder under to attach the brown stripes to the yellow shirt.
  • I outlined the stripes with brown puff paint.


The first variation of this costume had a tail that I made out of fabric.  The tail didn’t really work the way I wanted it to, but I found a crocheted tail at another con I went to.  So the pictures don’t really have a good tail, but I have an awesome one now.  After these pictures were taken, I also added a yellow tutu using the same technique in my tutu tutorial.

All in all, this was a fun costume for my daughter, and I got to get in the spirit of it with my Jessie costume as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment