Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Wednesday, October 18, 2017

Fall Luminaries

Fall Luminaries


Light up the path for Halloween with DIY luminariesLight up the path for Halloween with DIY luminaries


I have always enjoyed luminaries, and a couple of years ago I decided to line my walkway with these for Halloween.  I think I saw a picture of something similar in a magazine (probably Southern Living) and decided to make it my own.  Since these are made using leaves, they work well throughout the fall season, not just Halloween.  Think of having these out to welcome your family and friends to Thanksgiving dinner.

Materials:


Medium brown paper bags with handles
Leaves
Pencil
Cardboard
Xacto knife
Sand (or rocks, or something else heavy to put in the bottom)
Tea lights

Directions:


  • Place a leaf on what will be the front of the bag (maple leaves were my favorite), and trace an outline with your pencil.
  • Place the cardboard in the bag so you don’t accidently cut the back of the bag
  • Cut out the leaf using your Xacto knife
  • Fill the bottom with sand (or rocks or colored stones)
  • Place tea light in the sand and light when ready

No comments:

Post a Comment