Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Mason Jar Lid Pumpkins and Apples

Jar Lid Pumpkins and Apples





I was browsing through Pinterest, and I saw the pumpkin version of this.  I thought that it was adorable, and I needed to make this happen.  Then I got to thinking that apples get overlooked so much during the fall (except for cooking and drinking, of course).  I could do  something similar but make it as an apple.  Then my mind went in the direction of using decorative papers for this (I’ll post that one for my next blog).  The result is what I have here.  I hope you have as much fun with this as I have.


Materials:


3 Mason jar lids
Spray paint
Hot glue gun and glue sticks
Stick
Raffia
Any other decorative elements you like (I used artificial leaves)



Directions:

  • Spray paint the lids (red for an apple and orange for a pumpkin) and allow to dry


  • Once dry, place two of the lids next to each other, and apply hot glue to the center.  Place the third lid on the hot glue so that it is centered over the other two lids.  Allow a few minutes to set (I put mine upside down to set)


  • While the hot glue is setting, tie the raffia onto the stick.  You can just do a bow, or you can make a loop as well so you can hang it.  Just make a loop with the raffia, then wrap the raffia around the stick under the bow.  Make sure you wrap it several times, then knot it.


  • Hot glue the stick and any other decorative elements (leaves, ribbon, etc.) to the back of the lids.


  • Allow this to set, and enjoy




No comments:

Post a Comment