Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Monday, October 23, 2017

Painted Pumpkins

Painted Pumpkins

Painted Harley Quinn Pumpkin

Last year, my mom and I decided to do something new with our Halloween pumpkins.  We painted them.  They were so much fun and so easy, and they stayed fresh a lot longer than carved pumpkins.  Now, I have a friend who like Harley Quinn a bit too much, and I decided that a Harley Quinn pumpkin would be perfect (also, it’s easy which is a plus since my artistic abilities are less than stellar).  Let me know if you paint a pumpkin this year.

Materials:


  • Pumpkin (any size will do)
  • Paint (I used acrylic paint and it worked nicely)
  • Brushes (the sponge brushes are great for big areas)
  • Newspaper or paper bags (anything to cover your work space)
  • Clear acrylic finisher spray

Instructions:


  • Lay out your newspaper to protect your work area
  • Using the brushes and paints, paint your pumpkin with your desired design
  • Allow to dry for a few hours
  • Spray with the clear acrylic finisher spray

No comments:

Post a Comment