Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Monday, October 16, 2017

Halloween Tins

Halloween Tins



Old tins made new with mod podge and decorative paper


My mom was thinning out her Halloween decorations, and I was happy to add to my collection.  Among these decorations was a set of three Halloween tins that were pretty dated.  Since I have been doing a lot of crafting with Mod Podge I thought it would be fun to upgrade these old tins.  I loved this project and will probably now find others to update.  Let me know if you make these.  I can’t wait to see what you all come up with.


Materials:



Old tin
Measuring tape
Decorative paper
Pencil
Scissors
Mod Podge
Brush (I prefer sponge brushes)
Washi tape (Optional)


Directions:


  • Measure the tin height and circumference using the measuring tape.


  • Cut your decorative paper to the measurements. (Mine was 4 ½” X 11”)
  • Using the pencil trace the outline of the tin’s lid on the back of the decorative paper and cut out the circle.


  • Measure the height of the lid, and cut a strip of paper using the height of the lid and the circumference (Mine was ½” X 11”)
  • Using the brush, apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the tin.


  • Carefully, place the largest of the paper pieces to the tin over the Mod Podge, smoothing as it goes around.
  • Using the brush, apply another thin layer of Mod Podge to the top of tin’s lid.


  • Place the circular piece of paper on the top of the tin’s lid, and smooth
  • Using the brush, apply yet another thin layer of Mod Podge to the side of tin’s lid.


  • Carefully, place the last piece of paper around the edge of the lid smoothing as you place it around the edge.


  • Allow these to set for a time.
  • If you choose, you can put the Washi tape over the thin strip on the edge of the tin’s lid.
  • Using the brush, apply a thin coat of Mod Podge (I used the sparkly formula) over the tin and the lid.


  • Allow to dry.


No comments:

Post a Comment