Search Lvl. 100 Crafts

Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Cinnamon Apple Chips

Cinnamon Apple Chips

low calorie fall treat baked cinnamon apple chips


It’s fall, and I love fall recipes; however, I feel there is one serious oversight when it comes to fall: the apple.  Pumpkin gets all the attention, but what about the wonderful apple?  It’s one of my favorite fruits, and I have found a wonderful way to eat these: as baked chips.  I found a recipe while on Pinterest, and of course made my own twist on it.  This recipe is super easy.  The hardest part is waiting for them to finish baking.  My entire family loves these, and they don’t last long at our house.  I hope you enjoy, and let me know if you add your own touches to this recipe.


This recipe yields about 1 ½ cups of chips.


Ingredients:



2 apples (I used Fuji)
1 tsp brown sugar, packed
½ tsp cinnamon, ground






Directions:

  • Preheat oven to 200 F
  • Slice the apple to about ⅛” thick.  I quarter mine, then cut the core from each section, then slice each quarter.  You can just core and slice for bigger chips.  However you want them is great

  • Combine the brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl
  • Place the sliced apples in a large bowl.  Pour in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.  Stir to coat the apples

  • Spray baking sheets with non-stick spray, and lay out the apple slices being careful not to overlap them

  • Bake in the preheated oven for 2-3 hours, until crisp
  • Allow to cool.  Store extras (if you have any) in an airtight container for up to 4 days

No comments:

Post a Comment